Tuesday, January 8, 2008

On the MBTA Response

In response to our petition MBTA General Manager, Mr. Daniel Grabauskas, has sent Alexander and I a letter addressing our concerns about the performance of the Framingham/Worcester commuter rail line. I am very thankful that MBTA took the time to read our petition and to respond. I am hopeful that such attitude will lead to improvements in the service.

At the same time, the letter is a bit vague on quite a few points. Many times the letter states that "actions are being implemented", or a "number of steps" have been taken. We wish the response specified these actions, steps, etc. Also I am afraid that the issue of discrimination against the "reverse" peak direction passengers has not been addressed.

As the next step, Alexander and I hope to compile a list of questions we have based on the letter, and send them to Mr. Grabauskas. Hopefully the lines of communication will remain open.

No comments: