Saturday, October 10, 2009

I Am Running Running Running

Tomorrow morning I am running Boston Half Marathon, and of course I am excited. I have bored Nick to death with questions about what to eat and what to wear. Not that Nick knows any better than I do, but it is a huge comfort to have him tell me what he thinks.

The level of my excitement seems even greater than it ought to be before a race, if that is at all humanly possible. I attribute this phenomenon to the fact that yesterday I have confirmed my place on the 2010 Dana Farber Marathon Challenge (DFMC) team. In other words, I will be running the 2010 Boston Marathon!

Of course, all DFMC team members (and there are over 500 of us) have two major challenges before them. Besides training and running the marathon (one challenge), we also aim to raise $4.4 million for the Claudia Adams Barr Program in Innovative Basic Cancer Research. Personally my goal is to raise $8000 for cancer research, and that is the second and most important challenge. Please help me achieve my fundraising goal by making a donation!

To keep you up-to-date with my marathon training and my fundraising, I am brining back my Run Helen Run blog into action--the same blog I used when I was on the 2008 DFMC team. I hope you visit it regularly so that you can participate in raffles, games and other activities I plan on organizing.

For now, I am off to bed, so that I can be well rested for the race tomorrow. If you are in the Boston area, please come out to watch the race and cheer me on.

No comments: