Monday, January 24, 2011

Hiking and Snorkling on Oahu

We continued to soak up the sun here in Honolulu. 
Ryan picks an avocado while standing on his porch
--the wonders of living in a tropical rain forest
Our first adventure today was to hike to the edge of the rim of an extinct volcanic crator near Waikiki, called the Diamond Head.  It was very crowded at the top, but the views were amazing.
View of the ocean and some coral reef from the edge of the rim of the Diamond Head
After a light lunch of sushi, we did some snorkling at the Hanauma Bay.  I have never snorkled before, so it took some getting used to.  We saw a lot of fish.  I was amazed how little I had to move to stay afloat in the water.  I guess it has been awhile since I last swam in salt water.  (No photos from the beach, as we again locked our cameras in the car.)
Enjoying views after the snorkling

Nick taking a break from looking out for whales


No comments: