Monday, January 30, 2012

What I Did Last Sunday

Yesterday, my first planned task was to "sandwich" the Marine/Whale quilt I have been working on.  I already had the top and backing made.  All I had to do was to iron the batting, and then layout and pin the three layers together.  Simple enough, right:?

This one task took me almost 6 hours!  And I was exhausted when I was done.
Top, batting and backing are now all pinned together,
and the quilt is ready to be quilted!
It turns out that it is hard work to crawl on the floor on all fours, constantly getting up, and going back down, with all the extra weight mainly concentrated in my abdomen.  I should not have been surprised.
31 Weeks
Last Friday, I tried to casually hop on a counter top (just like a kitchen counter) in conference room in a meeting at work, because all the chairs were taken.  I did not think twice about it, because I have done this many times.  I tried the "hopping" several times, before it dawned on me that given the extra weight and a change in my center of gravity, I am just not going to be able to do it.  Given that I hopped on the same counter only about a week and a half ago, made this failure even more shocking.

1 comment:

may said...

getting big! When's your due date?