Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The 44th President of the United States of America

Did you know that Barak Obama is actually only the 43rd president of the United States? That is because President Grover Cleveland served two nonconsecutive terms and gets counted twice. How do I know that when yesterday I could not even tell you who Grover Cleveland was? Boston Metro published a special inauguration edition today (which I seem to be unable to find online), and it was full of fun facts about U.S. Presidents.

I leave you with a photo published today in that same Boston Metro special inauguration edition. Photographer Pete Souza took this photo in Moscow in 2005.

Obama in Moscow.  Pete Souza: 'This was in 2005. I said to myself “this guy will be president of the United States some day”, but in Moscow nobody knew who Obama was. This picture can never be taken again. Now everybody recognizes him, and he travels with a large entourage.'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha! love it! thanks for sharing :)

jcnemecek said...

Aw, neat!