Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Watching Figure Skating

Training for the marathon won't kill me, because watching Olympic figure skating will. It is almost 11:30pm, and the men's short program is still in full swing live from Vancouver. I will not and cannot stop watching, and this is my third evening straight watching figure skating--pairs competition was on Sunday and Monday nights. Thankfully, there will be a break tomorrow--the men's long program is not until Thursday night. And it will go late into the night. While the short program is only 2 minutes and 50 seconds long, men's long program is 4 and a half minutes long!

Here are the roots of my addiction to figure skating:

Circa 1982
Circa 1982

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Helen! These pictures are adorable.I, too have been addicted to the figure skating competition!!
Melanie

An American in London said...

I think your charming/whimsical skating costume is excellent for its sharp contrast to the completely intense facial expression you're sporting.