Sunday, May 16, 2010

Playing "Ketchup"

My previous post was about the Olympic Games—that was certainly a long while back, almost two month ago now. Let’s recap before I move on to the more current events.

I celebrated my birthday. And when I say “celebrated”, I really mean it. We actually threw a little party at our house, with food, and guests, and cake. Cake! The reviews for the cake were rather flattering, so I promise to proudly post the recipe.

The Back Bay Fens flooded,

The War Memorial in the Back Bay Fens
A walkway along Fenway
then burned,



Originally uploaded by Ol' Mr Boston


then bloomed,

Lilacs in the Back Bay Fens
and is now freshly green. And then Eric and I saw two turtles in the Muddy River.

A turtle in Muddy RiverNick has been talking about seeing turtles for several years now, but this is the first time I have seen any. Spring came to Boston early this year, and it has been beautiful.

The Boston Marathon has come and gone--the stress and excitement now replaced by a sense of pride and accomplishment, and exhaustion. (I invite you to read about all the details of my Boston Marathon run this year in my "Marathon Post".)

Crossing the half marathon pointThe weeks after the marathon left me so tired as I never was even while training, and as a result I have not even attempted to achieve anything (outside my job of course) since.

Nick and I spent a day at the Charlestown Navy Yard, touring the USS Constitution (world’s “oldest floating commissioned naval vessel”) and USS Cassin Young. However, the visit may warrant its own blog post.

USS Constitution. Photo by Nick

No comments: