Monday, April 16, 2012

Boston Marathon

I really wanted to take Nat to see his first Boston Marathon.  I thought it would be something fun we could do as a family, even though I realize that Nat would not remember any of it, nor can he see anything beyond what is a foot away from his nose.
16 days old
However, Nick and I decided that today's weather (sunny and high 80's F) was not only less than ideal for the runners, but also would be tough on our little baby.  So instead, Nick went out to see the lead runners, while I went out later to cheer my fellow coworkers.  And Nat spent the day at home.
Kenya's Sheron Cherop and Jemima Jelagat Sumgong
Levy Matebo and Wesley Korir just after Kenmore Square

2 comments:

may said...

He is growing!! how long is your maternity leave?

Helen said...

I'm taking the entire 12 weeks that I am allowed, as mandated by federal government.