Thursday, April 12, 2012

Two Weeks Already?

Nat is two weeks old today.  I find it hard to believe that it has already been two weeks since he was born.  To me it feels like it was just yesterday.  Nick, on the other hand, feels like it has been ages.
2 weeks old
Nat definitely is more awake and alert and looks around a lot more.  He no longer gets upset during diaper changes, nor does he mind his baths.  His awake times are still mostly centered around eating.  In this aspect, Nat and I are not very different, despite our huge difference in size and age.

It turns out milk production requires a lot of energy--more than anything I have ever previously experienced, more than the pregnancy or any marathon training.  I spend most of my day sitting on the couch.  However, I have switched to 4 meals per day, I eat a ton of snacks in between, and I snack in the middle of the night.  All this madness is to avoid further weight loss.

No comments: