Friday, April 20, 2007

A Driver's Lament

My car has not been recovered yet. "Yet" is a deceptive concept in this case. Will it ever be recovered? Statistically, if a stolen vehicle is not recovered in the first 2 or 3 days, chances of it being recovered rapidly approach zero with every passing day.

Of course I would like to stay optimistic, but reality is starting to set in. Who would take a locked, alarmed, 11 year old car with a club on its wheel? Someone did tell me that a manual transmission car is easier to jump start then an automatic transmission one. Yet I am still guessing it would have to be professionals. The model is among the top ten most stolen vehicles--stolen for parts.

Is my car in parts? Has my car been painted, its VIN reetched, and shipped to another country? Sad. As I stare out at cars going by on Mass Pike as I ride the train, I find myself looking for my car. Even if I could never have it back, I still wish I knew what happened.

What would my grandpa say about all this car stealing business?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel for you!!!! Hopefully you can make lemonade out of these lemons!