Friday, April 20, 2007

Sewing Craze: Bags


Today the result of my most current craze, sewing bags, is making its world debut. This large flowery tote is perfect for summer time. Attractive, sturdy and functional, it includes an inner pocket. The outer shell and the lining are 100% cotton.

Back to reality: "Wonderful" as it is, this bag is the "beta release". Many small issues remain, such as poor finish of the handles and sporadic uneven stitching. I am also aspiring to make the next one with a zipper!

If you would like to participate in this most singular beta program, and help identify those ideal traits that make up a perfect tote/bag, please let me know!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooo I think this is super cute Helen! you never fail to impress me.

Anonymous said...

Yes, super charming bag, and almost as impressive as sewing your own wedding dress!