Friday, April 13, 2007

Where Is My Car?

It is Friday, the 13th, and today is definitely not my lucky day.

As you might know I take the train to work, while my car spends most of its time socializing with pigeons in the safety of a garage in the suburbs.

I brought the car home on Tuesday so that I could drive to work from my dentist appointment this morning. Why Tuesday and not Thursday night, you might ask? To avoid driving the car home without a purpose, I decided to go skating, and the ice time schedule dictated that I go skating on Tuesday night.

This morning, when I walked over to where I parked on Tuesday night, my car was not there. Not only was I about to miss my dentist appointment (a hard-to-come-by "commodity" indeed), but I was also carrying two gigantic plastic bags full of clothes for donation.

I called Nick to the rescue, and he ran down to meet me and free me from the bags. I grabbed a taxi to the dentist. Dad was very nice and let me borrow his car so that I could still get to work on time for a meeting.

Then the calls began: Boston Tow line, state police, two more tow companies, state police again, etc. No sign of my car anywhere. After work I went to the police station. Again they went through the lists of towed vehicles. Nothing.

My car is now officially declared to be a "stolen vehicle". We are still hopeful though. I believe that my car will fit into the category recovered stolen vehicles (62% according to some statistic). Nick believes that the car might still turn up in towing company's lot. We will see.

2 comments:

jcnemecek said...

Oh, no...I'm sorry it didn't turn up in the second calling around to the towing company. That stinks :(

Anonymous said...

i'm so sorry helen...i can't imagine how you feel but i know it must be awful.