Sunday, December 2, 2007

Brioche

It seemed too cold to run when I got up this morning, so I decided to first deal with the brioche dough I had rising in the fridge since yesterday.

I baked half of the dough last night into rolls. They came out ok, but not too great. The remaining dough has doubled in size, since I last looked at it last night--an excellent sign. I split the dough into 3 parts, and rolled out each one as if I were making baguettes. I then braided the dough, and left it to proof while I went out for a run.


After the run, and a nice shower, I egg-washed the shaped dough and sat by my oven that cannot maintain constant temperature, for over 30 minutes while the bread baked. The result is yet to be checked for taste, but looks like I proofed the bread a bit too long after shaping it. Will have to work on that next time.









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks a bit like a tired Challah bread. Yummy :)

Anonymous said...

Очень вкусно описано
R