Monday, September 22, 2008

Confession

Confession: I have stopped brushing my hair after showering. My decision, far from arbitrary, is based on the following:
  1. Every grandmother will tell you that brushing wet hair yanks out more hair, and I am obsessed with my head hair count. Currently it is at 129,343. I count daily, before going to bed.
  2. Brushing my hair after showering at the gym either takes away precious 2 minutes out of my work day, or decreases the length of my shower by 2 minutes.
  3. I look the same regardless of whether or not I have brushed my hair after a shower. In fact my mother often notes that I look as if I just got out of bed when it is evening, and I haven’t even napped for at least 12 hours.
You may worry that my head will soon provide a home for small furry or feathered animals. Don’t. My hair is not that long yet. I do still brush my hair every weekday morning on my way to the gym, in order to speed up tying my hair into a pony tail.

2 comments:

jcnemecek said...

Hee. That's cute.

On a serious note, I use this giant clown comb type thing on my hair. It's really good for curly hair, and supposedly gentler on wet hair.

They call them curly hair combs, I guess.

Anonymous said...

Brush them when they dry whenever you have a chance
BTW using a good conditioner helps :):)and…I think you have 329,343