Sunday, February 15, 2009

Trying out Skate Skiing

Only on Friday I blogged about patched of ground showing through the melting snow on a golf course used for x-country skiing during the winter. On Saturday morning, my friend Suzanne called to invite me to go skiing. Very quickly I realized that the Weston Ski Track she was talking about was the very golf course/skiing track I see from the train window every morning.

Suzanne and I after our lesson
Together Suzanne and I, experienced classical skiers, took a private lesson in skate skiing. It turned out to be easier then it looked. Now I cannot wait to try skate skiing up in Snoqualmie.

Skate skiing up a hill

2 comments:

jcnemecek said...

Interesting, I've never heard it called skate skiing.

Cross country skiing was big in Wisconsin. Some people would ski across the lake to work when it froze over for the winter!

Anonymous said...

Great idea!! Skiing is my favorite!!