Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Eber at El Hogar

In early May another group of MathWorkers traveled to Honduras to help out at El Hogar de Amor y Esperanza (the Home of Love and Hope). Unfortunately, I was not a part of this third team. Still, you can read about their experiences and see many photos of the kids on the blog they maintained during the trip. Jason kindly hand delivered my letter to Eber, and even took a photo of Eber with the letter!

Eber Raul, photo by Jason K.It is such a joy to go through the many photographs the team captured and to see how much the children I have met have grown and how happy they seem.

4 comments:

jcnemecek said...

Wow, he's getting bigger, isn't he?

Helen said...

He's going to be 12 in November!

An American in London said...

That's fab that you write letters to Eber. I like that you chose a Spiderman stationery. : )

Helen said...

It's really hard for me to judge how Eber's interests change over time without seeing him, but last time I was at El Hogar the Spiderman was THE ULTIMATE "idol". So that's why I bought this stationery. I do wonder if at some point Eber will think--"how old does this lady think I am." :)