Saturday, February 11, 2012

The New Fashion Trend: Desperation

Right now would be the perfect time for some maternity clothes, but you know I am stubborn.  And I love a challenge.  Between my general dislike of clothes shopping and my aversion to inefficiency of any kind, I just cannot bring myself to buy clothing that I would only need for 2 months.  Instead I pretend that I can be more creative and come up with other options.  I think to outsiders, my "creativity" looks more like desperation. 

32 weeks
Looking fashionable in one of my "t-shirt dresses"
that I wore a lot back in college
For example, a big t-shirt over one of my regular (now way too short) long sleeve shirts works well.  I do fear I am about to outgrow my medium size t-shirts.  I might have to raid Nick's t-shirt drawer.

Someone also gave me the idea of "t-shirt dresses".  So I dug up 2 dresses from our "to be donated" pile, and wore one of them to work--over one of my regular long sleeve shirts of course.  Fortunately, the dresses are so stretchy, that I might be able to wear them through the end of my pregnancy.  Unfortunately, they seem to emphasize the enormous size and disproportion of my body. 

No comments: